- First thing I want to bring to your attention is the question mark in the top right corner of the banner picture. Clicking this or pressing F1 will bring up a help panel relevant to the page you are viewing. Press 'Esc' or click close to hide it.
- Another useful feature is 'tagging'. This allows anyone to maintain a list of their favourite specimens for future consideration. Just click the circular 'T' icon on the specimen page, to add that specimen to your list. This can then be accessed by clicking on the 'Tagged' menu item in the main menu.
- One feature that may go easily unnoticed is that when on a specific mineral page, you can click on the species name to bring up the corresponding detailed information about that species on Mindat.com (the mineralogical bible). It will open in a new page.
- When viewing the 'supersize' photos, mouseover the picture and there will be a '4 arrow' symbol in the top left of the picture. Clicking on this will allow you to zoom into the photo in great detail using your mouse wheel. Hold down the left button to pan. Click the arrows again to exit zoom mode.
- When viewing lists of specimens, as in the monthly updates, you can page back and forth using the left and right arrow keys.